Ravila Manor Distillery, 19th-20th century.
The Ravila Manor Distillery is an example of an economically significant building within the expansive manor complex, retaining an authentic exterior appearance, original construction structures, and details characteristic of the late 19th century.
The distillery is a large two-story stone building. It features projecting eaves and a pitched roof covered with corrugated asbestos sheets, while the walls are plastered. Some of the openings are rectangular, while others have low arched lintels. The openings are marked by wide plaster frames. The building has entrances both on the front and back sides.
The main manor house was erected during the von Manteuffel era in the 1770s. During the 1905 uprising, the manor house was set on fire but was restored by around 1910.
Numerous outbuildings were constructed within the manor, mostly located along the roads passing through the heart of the estate. The distillery building dates back to the late 19th century.
The distillery’s spirits were primarily exported to Russia, particularly to St. Petersburg, and the profits were used to finance the development of the manor.
Ravila Manor Distillery in 1910 and the swollen Pirita River.
Distillery bridge and dam 1910.