In Estonian

Ravila Manor Drying House, 19th-20th century.

The Ravila Manor Drying House is a historical building that served as a drying facility for various agricultural products. It is situated approximately 800 meters away from the manor house, along the road leading from Ravila to Tartu.

Ravila Manor, known as “Meks” in German, was first mentioned in 1469. During the majority of the 16th century, the manor belonged to the von Rosen family. In 1592, it came into the possession of Johann von Uexküll, whose family retained ownership until the Northern War. In the 18th century, the manor initially belonged to the Detloff family. In 1768, it was acquired by Karl von Manteuffel. From 1849 onwards, the manor was owned by the noble family von Kotzebue. The last owner before its alienation in 1919 was Alexandrine Pilar von Pilchau (née von Kotzebue).

The main manor house was constructed during the von Manteuffel era in the 1770s. It was burned down during the 1905 uprising but was later restored around 1910 in a modified and expanded form.

Numerous outbuildings were constructed near the main manor house, primarily located along the roads traversing the heart of the estate.

As for the drying house, it served as a dedicated structure for drying various agricultural produce. Its specific architectural details and historical significance are unfortunately not mentioned in the provided information.

Ravila Manor Drying House 2022.

Ravila Manor Drying House 2022.