In Estonian

INFO: www.ravilamois.ee / mob: 5065533

Ravila Manor House. Very little is known about the first manors – before the 14th-15th century, there is a lack of regular written sources, and before the beginning of the 13th century, they do not exist at all.

Ravila Manor emerged at a location where the most northwestern ancient winter road of Revala-Kareda reached the local summer road leading from Kosel to the southeast (predecessor of the current Tallinn-Tartu highway).

Ravila and Meks in the 17th century.

In medieval times, the manor was usually located separate from the village, and the fields were also divided between the village and the manor. The Estonian village was a scattered settlement until the mid-19th century, known as a “kobarküla” system, where individual farmsteads were spread out across the area.

Ravila Manor and Village in 1694.

Ravila Manor Center (on the right) and Mägis Mill in 1694.

The main building of Ravila Manor before the 1905 fire – the original Baroque section on the right, and the later wing on the left. The Baroque section was likely built before 1768.

Interior view of Ravila Manor, circa 1890.

Ravila Manor after the 1905 fire (rear view).

Ravila Manor after the 1905 fire (front view).

Restoration work at Ravila Manor in 1906.

Ravila Manor after restoration, circa 1910.

Ravila Manor circa 1920.

Ravila Manor circa 1950.

Ravila Manor circa 1960.

Ravila Manor 2021.