The Estate Administrator’s House was built in the fourth quarter of the 19th century.
Ravila Manor (known as Meks in German) was first mentioned in 1469. For most of the 16th century, the manor belonged to the von Rosen family. In 1592, it passed into the ownership of Johann von Uexküll, whose family held the manor until the Great Northern War. In the 18th century, the manor initially belonged to the Detloff family. In 1768, it was acquired by Karl von Manteuffel. From 1849, the manor was owned by the von Kotzebue noble family. The last owner before the 1919 expropriation was Alexandrine Pilar von Pilchau (born von Kotzebue).
The main manor house was erected during the von Manteuffel era in the 1770s. During the 1905 uprising, the manor house was burned down. It was restored by around 1910 in a modified form, becoming a full two-story building.
Numerous outbuildings were constructed near the main manor house, mostly located along the roads passing through the heart of the estate.
The Estate Administrator’s House, located a few hundred meters away from Ravila on the road leading to Tartu, is a large two-story plastered stone building. It has a pitched roof with three chimneys. The roof structure is in good condition. The building features wide profiled eaves that extend to the side walls. Some areas of the walls have plaster damage. The central door has a high rounded arch and a arched canopy above it. The windows and doors are in good and satisfactory condition. There is no rainwater drainage system. Some rooms in the Administrator’s House are used as offices, while others are unused. The house is heated by stoves and electricity. The interior finishing was done during the Soviet era. The interior stairs and floors are in good technical condition.
The Estate Administrator’s House 1976.
The Estate Administrator’s House 2011.